Meridian General Manager
Meridian, a premiere dining experience within Headlands Coastal Lodge and Spa, located along the beautiful Oregon Coast in Pacific City, is looking for a highly experienced luxury hospitality champion to lead talented and engaged team members in delivering exceptional coastal experiences to all our guests.
Headlands Coastal Lodge and Spa is a luxury retreat catering to adventure-seekers and the active Pacific NW lifestyle. Guests make themselves at home in one of 33 carefully appointed guest rooms or in a luxurious two or three bedroom cottage, each with a balcony and ocean view. Guests are encouraged to wander into Haystack Hall to experience the coastal vibe, and arrange for a beach bonfire, take a cooking class, make a spa appointment, or simply curl up in front of the welcoming fireplace. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working with a team committed to the highest levels of hospitality. Our accommodations provide a luxury experience…Oregon style.
The Meridian GM plays a critical role in providing extraordinary coastal experiences to the guests of Headlands Lodge. This exceptional property and dining experience is unlike anything else on the Oregon Coast. This position will work closely with the Director of Lodging and the Director of Food & Beverage.
We stand for and value a strong sense of community and support one another’s interests. We are a creative and knowledgeable team, focused on building outside of the box rather than staying in bounds. We work hard and play hard resulting in a rhythm that keeps us in sync and always at our best.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
The General Manager of Meridian will be the brand and experience ambassador to our guests as well as our teams. The General Manager will seek and train team members to share an extraordinary coastal experience to all who visit. Meridian GM will work closely with Headlands Coastal Lodge and Spa GM to provide a seamless and extraordinary coastal experience.
You will steward the brand and experience in partnership with the Headlands GM in a way that draws the best team and engages them for a lifetime
- You will champion extraordinary coastal dining experience to our staff and guests in a way that will set Meridian apart in our industry
- Our guests will begin planning their next visit before their meal is over
- We will continue to set ourselves apart through creative interpretations and embracing new and old ideas
As GM you will:
- Inspire your team to live our value of 'love of this place'.
- Be a strong community partner by participating in volunteer efforts, events, and being mindful about how our business impacts wildlife and the surrounding environment.
- Work collaboratively across the resort and the Nestucca Ridge Family of Companies to lead and develop an exceptional team of hospitality professionals.
- Leverage your knowledge and passion to create a five star guest experience.
- Deliver training and design processes that ensure every guest interaction delivers our brand promise.
- Build Meridian and Headlands Coastal Lodge and Spa to be a magnet for top talent by leveraging your professional people leadership style and communication strategy.
- Put Meridian in the spotlight by staying on top of trends and identifying opportunities to differentiate our services.
- Build guest loyalty by actively connecting with guests to create positive experiences and be a model for demonstrating reliable and responsive service including the ability to quickly solve and resolve guest concerns.
- Have the opportunity to continually develop and grow through the acquisition of new skills, exploration of coastal experiences, and partnering with fellow leaders.
- Deep commitment and understanding of exceptional guest service
- Financial acumen
- Expert with reports, budgets and controlling costs
- Fine Dining
- Proven expertise in food safety and planning
- Demonstrated success in managing front and back of house
- People Champion
- Strong commitment to building and training the best team
- Willing to have tough conversations
You will bring...
- 5+ years general manager experience in a full service luxury restaurant -hotel environment; independent boutique hotel experience preferred.
- Sales, Marketing, Financial, and Operations acumen desired.
You will join us in living our Company Values through our actions...
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – take risks to constantly elevate the guest and team member experience; show passion with enthusiasm and drive for change; emulate curiosity of new ways of thinking and ideas.
- Generosity – spend time with guests; be accessible and visible; recognize the good in all.
- Humility – listen and observe; encourage others’ ideas; be trustworthy.
- Agility – change course when needed; take action and demonstrate resilience.
- Empathy – provide support for others; listen to understand.
- Optimism – give of yourself; be a cheerleader for the team and guests; be a role model for the importance of relationships.
- Tenacity – success through uncompromising excellence; persistence in the face of adversity; calm and steady hand.
Check us out Meridian Restaurant and Bar at Headlands Lodge in Pacific City, Oregon